Job offer: Software Engineer
Are you an Engineer in heart and soul, with a broad experience in software development and affinity with mechanical and electrical engineering?
Excellent, we are looking for you!
What do you do as a Software Engineer at JASA?
You will be working at our plant in Alkmaar, where you will join the R&D team of seven incredibly fun and motivated people. You will regularly walk over to other departments and colleagues, because the R&D Software Engineer at JASA is involved in almost all departments, from Customer Services, Assembly and the various Mechanical Engineers. The job is never monotonous, as you regularly stand next to the machines and occasionally visit our (international) customers.
Curious about the objective of your job? Warranting optimal performing packaging machines and developing the platform for the machines of the future. You achieve this by designing machine control solutions and implementing them in our packaging machines and lines. With your programming experience, you translate the customer's wishes into a reliable control solution and link the customer's production environment to their business management systems. Plus, you'll do even more. In addition, you are jointly responsible for drawing up user requirements, and the (technical) documentation, and guiding the installation process to and including entry into service,
At JASA, we always go one step further, we want to shape the future, and you will be part of that mission. You will be! A vital field where your expertise will offer added value is the future machine platform that will be designed for forming, filling, and sealing on vertical packaging machines, based on the Beckhoff control technology. In addition to Siemens, we will also be using Beckhoff in the near future. Now, isn't that a fantastic challenge?
To show how diverse this job is, the other critical focal points for a software engineer at JASA are:
- Industry 4.0;
- Predictive maintenance;
- Modular mechanical engineering
You're the software engineer with:
- A college or university degree, in Technical Computer Science, Industrial Automation, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering;
- Version control systems (Subversion) hold no secrets for you;
- You love mechanical and electrical engineering;
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and network technologies;
- You also have the knowledge and experience, and you enjoy drawing up functional specifications and technical designs;
- Technical insight to make the right design choices within the intended price/quality ratio.
- You have excellent communication skills in Dutch and English;
- You are independent and work accurately;
- You like to take initiative and have a positive attitude;
- You have the ambition to grow with the organization;
- You live in beautiful North-Holland.
Why you want to become a Software Engineer at JASA:
- Because working at JASA is super fun;
- Do you want more reasons? Well, here they are:
- You fulfill a challenging position in a successful and dynamic organization that operates internationally and is growing very fast. In other words, we are a big fish in the packaging pond;
- JASA strives for a sustainable world; hence, you too will contribute to reducing plastic;
- Spinning your wheels isn’t your thing? That's great because, at JASA, you can develop your qualities, and there are many training opportunities. We are happy to give you the space you need for that!
- You will work in a pleasant working atmosphere with plenty of room for your input and initiative;
- It goes without saying that we offer excellent terms of employment in line with the position, experience, and age. Because we think you deserve it;
- Do you have your eye on the future? We offer a good pension provision (we adhere to the Collective Labor Agreement for Kleinmetaal).
Who or what is JASA?
Our friends call us JASA, but our full name is JASA Packaging Solutions. We are the partner for packaging solutions for many companies. But call us JASA.
JASA stands for innovation, quality, and flexibility in packaging technology. As you may have already seen on our website, we put everything in sustainable packaging as much as possible. We specialize in weighing and packaging machines. Developing, manufacturing, and (inter)national sales of machines and packaging lines for the products you find in supermarkets, such as meal salads, vegetable servings, apple trays, fruit, and potatoes. Those tapas trays you get at the supermarket which you serve with drinks? Yep, they are also filled on our machines.
At JASA, we form an enthusiastic team in which you will fit in very well. For over thirty years, we have been building packaging machines with a focus on hygiene, efficiency, ease of use, and service. In the last few years, we have been growing double digits and expanded internationally. We all enjoy where we are headed.
Innovation: our road to happiness
Like you, JASA doesn't like to tread water. Innovation is our way and the essential pillar of our growth strategy. Our Research & Development team is, therefore, continuously engaged in the development of new innovative machines. Enabling us to respond even better to the wishes of our customers.
What do our customers want? This varies from working out a total solution with a single point of contact for a clear identification of the problem, searching for the best solution, professional realization to the installation of complete machine lines, after-sales service, and preventive maintenance. A supercool total picture! Our customers can count on JASA 24/7.
What do customers want from our Software Engineers? In particular: contributing ideas for their processes, and to translate those ideas into technical solutions. Keywords include fast changeover times, intuitive operation and safety for operators, energy efficiency, process speed, and serviceability.
Already enthusiastic about this vacancy? Then we are enthusiastic about you!
Apply via email@example.com and send us your motivation and CV. Meanwhile, we’ll get the coffee ready!
Or do you still have some questions? Ask us! For more information you can contact Hendrik van den Berg via +31 (0)72 561 2700.
Acquisition for this job offer will not be appreciated.
Lees ook onze artikelen over werken bij JASA
Staat er op dit moment geen passende vacature die aansluit op jouw kwaliteiten? Stuur dan een open sollicitatie.