Vacancy: Customer Service Engineer
Are you a Customer Service Engineer that is on-the-spot troubleshooting of operational problems and providing technical solutions who can solve these issues? Are you eager to work in an innovative and international company? Then we would like to welcome you to JASA!
What does a Customer Service Engineer at JASA do?
Our JASA Customer Service Engineer (CSE) supports the goals of our Sales Manager and Project Engineer to build and maintain strong ongoing relationships with our clients and our clients’ workforce. Our JASA Customer Service Engineer is the resource person for our clients and works closely with internal and external teams to manage, remediate, and when required, escalate issues to the relevant internal departments. Our Customer Service Engineer is responsible for on-the-spot troubleshooting of operational problems and providing technical solutions to solve these issues.
Who or what is JASA?
JASA Packaging Solutions is a worldwide market leader in the packaging industry. We are a multiple award-winning company with a genuine focus on the environment and a passion for innovation. Being a family-owned business, we also absolutely have fervor for our workforce. The combination of these traits and accomplishments creates a unique company culture constantly aiming for improvement and growth for both the company and its crew. Within this family business, you will feel right at home as the primary point of contact for all our clients and stakeholders. A pivotal role that ensures job diversity while at the same time offering you the opportunity to take a flexible job approach. You will be providing applicational and technical support to our clients for all of JASA’s machines, complete packaging lines, and weighing systems. You will also respond to and offer problem resolutions to most client questions, concerns, and issues as they may occur.
In your role as Customer Service Engineer, you will interact with clients and colleagues alike while you will be;
- Building solid rapport with clients, understanding client’s business and system needs
- Acting as the liaison between internal and external business units to provide clients with appropriate business solutions, guidance, and support
- Fully understanding the JASA machines and weighing systems and have the ability to resolve various issues on the spot
- Highly skilled in technical troubleshooting and capable of performing on-the-spot adjustments and repairs
- Providing status related to client issues and concerns; prioritize, communicate and collaborate with the pertinent internal teams
- Managing and maintaining all client interactions and issues in our CRM system; provide follow-up communication; document all client inquiries and resolutions
- Participating in efforts to improve team processes and procedures
- Working with our Sales Manager and Project Engineer to improve efficiencies and increase opportunities for client services
- Participating in the development of the service strategy by involvement in team and project activities
- Continually expanding your knowledge of current and upcoming products
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Fair knowledge of electrical and electronic systems
- At least three years of experience in a client-facing role
- High service orientation
- Previous hands-on technical experience is desirable
- Previous experience in the packaging industry is preferred
- You have supreme written, and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen and understand information and ideas as these are presented
- You have solid organizational skills, time management skills, and exceptional attention to detail and are able to multi-task and delegate
- You are highly motivated, a self-starter that can work proactively with minimal supervision and know when to escalate or seek guidance
- You are an analytical thinker with the ability to work independently and as part of a geographically and international dispersed team
- Experience with CAD systems is a plus
Do you have questions? Don't hesitate to get in touch with Joost Somford at +1 804 290 3683.
Read our articles about working at JASA here: https://www.jasa.nl/vacancy/project-engineer-technical-sales-engineer/?lang=en
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.