Regional Sales Manager - EAST - Remote Position
We are currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager with a focus on the East coast. This is an excellent career opportunity for a talented sales professional with good experience in selling capital equipment in the packaging industry. If you have experience selling packaging equipment in the agricultural industry that would be a big plus. This is a remote position, ideally located along the East coast. You will cover a large territory hence you must be a road warrior and a self-starter who is used to work independently.
JASA Packaging Solutions is a leader in providing complete weighing and packaging lines and standalone packaging machines for the food producing and processing industry. The company stands for innovation, quality, and flexibility in packaging technology and works closely with its customers on development and innovation. JASA is a global company with offices in Europe and North America. Our US location is in Richmond, VA.
Company website https://www.jasapackaging.com
In this role you will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and be a key part of the US Sales Team, covering a large multi-state region with a focus on the East coast. You will thrive of acquiring new business and servicing/growing existing Accounts. By using a consultative sales style, you will provide prospects and existing customers with applicable solutions and keep them up to date on new industry trends. The opportunity for growth within this fast-growing environment is very evident. You will receive a great deal of freedom to manage and coordinate the development of the Eastern U.S. sales territory and work closely with the U.S. leadership as well as peers in sales, project management, field service, and in the sales back office in Richmond, VA. Since you will be covering a large territory, you must be a road warrior and, depending on your location, willing to travel up to 40-60% Nationwide. Occasional travel to the Netherlands, primarily for training during the onboarding process, is also required.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prospect new customers who do not have experience with the company’s product lines to increase market share.
- Visit customers to collect the required information to submit to CCO/headquarters to prepare the quotations for the product lines to be submitted to the customer.
- Review all quotations with the customers and negotiate the price and terms of the potential sale with guidance from the CCO/Headquarters.
- Stay abreast of all competitor activity and report the information back to the CCO/Headquarters.
- Assist in the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Research trends and technical developments through related publications and training sessions to maintain current knowledge of trends and developments that will impact the company’s ability to sell our products to a changing environment.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge of the company’s product lines as well as the customer’s application process.
- Participate in trade shows, industry trade meetings, and other sessions as required.
- Maintain up-to-date records in the CRM system.
- Contribute to the development of the sales and cost budget for your territory.
- Competitive compensation package, base salary plus bonus, as well as excellent benefits.
- Great career growth opportunity with a growing international company.
- 1-2 weeks product training at the company’s headquarter in the Netherlands plus on the job training/peer shadowing.
- Work from your home office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field is preferred or
an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant packaging machinery sales experience in a large region/territory.
- Experience selling food packaging equipment a big plus.
- Self-starter, go-getter, sales hunter, thrives by working independently.
- Proactive behavior, taking initiative, and seeking continuous improvement.
- Experience utilizing a CRM.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, negotiation, and relationship building skills.
- Proficient computer skills (MS office suite)
- Used to/ability to travel 40-60%, primarily within the region.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.