Vacancy: Project Engineer
Are you a Project Engineer with a commercial drive that reflects your technical skills? Are you eager to work in an innovative and international company? Then we would like to welcome you to JASA!
We are looking for a hands-on Project Engineer eager to roll up their sleeves to manage pre- and post- sales operations at our Richmond, VA office. If you are an enthusiastic and driven team player who enjoys working for a market leader in the packaging industry with global sales, you are in the right place. And if creating technical solutions gives you a boost, you'll feel right at home as the commercial and technological spill at JASA.
What does a Project Engineer weigh and packaging lines at JASA do?
This is your chance to join an expanding international business with huge growth ambitions. You will be our wizard, the companies’ MacGyver. You will be our first point of contact for sales & service requests from customers. Gathering and answering all project-related questions, including those from the Engineering team in The Netherlands. You will also be our office manager, taking care of spare parts shipments. And we might also require your enthusiasm in solving any service requests on customers’ sites. If you love mechanics, electronics and equipment and are ready to make your contribution to a vastly growing business, you’ll feel perfectly at home at JASA.
You are the Project Engineer with:
- A Bacherlor's degree in a technical direction;
- 2-5 years of relevant technical/commercial experience;
- Experience with CAD drawing is a plus;
- Experience in the packaging industry is a plus;
- Experience in the B2B market is a plus;
- Strong communication skills and a team player;
- The ambition to grow with the company;
- Strong sense of goodwill combined with the power to persuade; You are customer-driven.
- You are a go-getter, and you work goal-oriented
- Persuasive power is your superpower
- You work accurately
- You are persistent and flexible
- You can work according to planning;
- You can work independently;
Why do you want to become a Project Sales Engineer at JASA?
- Because you will have a challenging position within an internationally oriented organization;
- Because you can make your mark on our small team, which will grow significantly in the coming years;
- Because you get a smartphone and a laptop from the company;
- Because at JASA we offer an excellent salary, health and 401(k) benefits;
- Because at JASA, we are committed to a lot of flexibility and days off;
- Because we not only offer opportunities for training and development, we actually encourage you in this respect and give you all the space you need;
- Because there is a pleasant working atmosphere with plenty of room for personal input and initiative
Who or what is JASA?
Our friends call us JASA, but our full name is JASA Packaging Solutions, a partner in packaging solutions. Please just call us JASA.
JASA stands for innovation, quality, and flexibility in packaging technology. And as you may have seen on our website, we package everything in a sustainable way as much as possible. We are specialists in developing and manufacturing weighing and packaging machines. We are also specialized in the (inter)national sales of these machines and complete packaging lines. You will find products packed on JASA equipment in most supermarkets, such as salad bowls, vegetable packages, apple trays, fruits, and potatoes. The tapas you get at the supermarket to go with your drinks? Yep, those trays are also filled on our packaging lines.
Thinking out-of-the-box is JASA's second nature, providing our customers with innovations and smart packaging solutions. We have over 35 years of experience as a system integrator and take full ownership of the entire sorting, weighing, and packaging process. From the infeed of products to weighing and the filling and sealing of the packages, robotized or otherwise.
In developing these solutions, JASA finds it essential to reduce (plastic) packaging materials, reduce energy consumption, and design maintenance-friendly systems.
We form an enthusiastic team in which you will fit right in. We have been building packaging machines for over thirty years, focusing on hygiene, efficiency, ease of use, and service. And yes, the last few years, we have been growing double-digit and internationally with new offices in the United States and Germany. We all think this is super cool.
Innovation: our road to happiness
Just like you, JASA does not like to sit still. Innovation is our way and the central pillar of our growth strategy. Our Research & Development team is therefore continuously developing new innovative machines. This enables us to respond better and faster to the wishes of our customers.
What do our customers want? Mainly they ask us to work out a total packaging solution for them. JASA then assigns one point of contact to ensure a reliable inventory of the problem. We then seek out the best solution and offer the realization up to the installation of complete packaging lines. In addition, we take care of after-sales service and preventive maintenance. A super nice total picture! Our customers can rely 24/7 on JASA.
Still have questions? Please contact Joost Somford via +1 804 290 3683.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.